Monday, September 21, 2015

La girl Matte Flat Velvet lipstick review & swatch

I recently ordered the la girl Matte Flat velvet lipsticks and I love them overall and the best part is they only cost $4 each!! I definitely found some nice fall colours to wear and I love that as well.
Ok from left to right on my arm:
Giggle-lavender
Bliss-hot pink
Manic-magenta
Spicy-brown
Runway-maroon
Blue Valentine-navy blue

As a woman of color I definitely take colors into consideration and this is purely my opinion on how the colors look on me and how I plan to wear them.  Giggle looked really nice but I do think I will definitely need a liner or just some way to tone it down a little. I'd probably just wear it as is during the spring. 
Bliss was VERY bright on me.  I will definitely be using a liner and gloss, I'm still figuring out how to work with it. Bliss was also a bit patchy, it was the only one I bought that reacted that way on my lips. 
Manic was the perfect pink for me and I am so glad I got it.  Although bliss and manic look similar they are different in person. 
Spicy was beautiful, I usually use wet n wild's mochalicious as my nude but this is also a nice fit for me as well.  New fall color!
Runway was nice as well and will also be a fall color.
I am in love with Blue Valentine!!! This is my absolute favorite, I'm so glad I found perfect brown girl blue!!

Lastly I will add that these lipsticks are very long lasting because it's been 3 days, I've scrubbed and bathed and I still have the colors on my arm. They dry matte pretty quickly. My lips are also stained from the pinks.

Later lovelies, 

-9jaknots 

1 comment:

  1. Just blogged about the new La girl Flat Matte Velvet lippies! Share and comment, thanks!

    ReplyDelete