Tuesday, December 29, 2015

#25daysoflippies Roll Call

Hey Peeps! #25daysoflippies is a tag that I created on instagram that basically compiles all the lippies that I wore in the first 25 days of Christmas. This was very challenging because I did have to wear more makeup than I have worn this whole year but it was pretty darn fun as well! I am thinking of just doing a 12 days of christmas next year though. 
X 9jaknots

                 Day 1: Colourpop Ultra Matte Lipstick in Guess
                 Eggplant Purple
This is a wonderful and rare color but girrrrrl it does apply patchy and you will need multiple coats. Also as you can see it does settle into your fine lines. Other than that it lasts you all day.




             Day 2: Colourpop Ultra Matte Lipstick in Limbo
             Chocolate Brown
The most comfortable color that I have tried from Colourpop. I did not even feel like I was wearing lipstick and it lasted me all day-SAY WHAT!?





            Day 3: Colourpop Ultra Matte Lipstick in Jellies
            Cobalt Blue
What can I say? This is an extremely daring color that I knew I wanted the first time I saw it on Youtube. It is a bit patchy but also somewhat buildable.



                Day 4: Colourpop Ultra Matte Lipstick in Dr. M
                Forest Green
I never actually thought that I would be wearing green lipstick as a Woman of Color, there are specific rules on what we can and cannot wear but oh well. I do like neat lines so I lined it with black liner to tone it down. 


    
                Day 5: Ruby Kisses Matte lipstick in Purple Affair
                Barney Purple
Always get compliments on it and this one of my few matte purples. 
               



           Day 6: Colourpop Ultra Matte Lipstick in Drive in
           Muted Magenta
The colourpop website describes the color that way but it honestly comes off brighter on me. Almost hot pink but still wearable. It does settle in your lines a bit but is pretty comfortable. Don't worry guys, no more colourpop talk for a while. 





                    Day 7: Lagirl Matte Flat Velvet Lipstick in Blue Velvet
                    Navy Blue
Very pretty matte color that does transfer a little bit.



                       Day 8: Wet n Wild mochalicious + NYX buttergloss in Tiramisu




Day 9: Ulta dual eyeliner in brown + Avon everlasting petal  lipgloss + NYX buttergloss in Tiramisu
This is more like my lips but better. I wanted to experiment with different nude combinations.








Day 10: Lagirl Matte Flat Velvet in Spicy + NYX cosmetics buttergloss in Tiramisu
I really wanted to play around with tiramisu because it's too light for me on it's own and Spicy is a nice chocolate brown.



         

Day 11: Nicka K Berry Plum lipstick
Red-Orange
Cream finish but a nice quality lipstick
   

             

           Day 12: Ulta eyeliner+NYX Cosmetics soft matte lip cream in Monte Carlo 
      



                 Day 13: Wet n Wild Dollhouse Pink + NYX Sweet Pink Lipgloss



                Day 14: Wet n Wild Fergie Collection: Ferguson Crest
                Deep Burgundy




                  Day 15: Lagirl Cosmetics Matte Flat Velvet Lipstick in Spicy
                  Chocolate Brown


                Day 16: Jordana Cosmetics BFF Lipgloss
                Soft pink gloss



            Day 17: Ruby Kisses Matte lipstick in Blackism
            True Black



                  Day 18: NYX Cosmetics Intense Buttergloss in Berry Strudel
                  High-gloss Dark Lavender


                     Day 19: Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop
                     Magenta with light sparkles



                   Day 20: Ruby Kisses Matte lipstick in Red Mangrove
                   Reddish Coral
Puh-leassse excuse my dry ass skin in the next few swatches, this is why moisturizer and foundation have been on deck through this season!!! They were honestly swatched on the same day. These dry patches are trying to shame me, chai!

   

                    Day 21: NYX Intense Buttergloss in Black Cherry Tart
                    Dark Purple



                 Day 22: Wet n Wild Cherry Bomb 
                Blue-toned Red
Can I just say WetnWild is just a great brand. I'm a simple girl who loves to save coins and they just come in clutch with all these great dupes for just $2.99




              Day 23: NYX Currant lipliner+ Maybelline Vibrant Violet Matte lipstick+ NYX buttergloss in Strawberry Parfait
Very Flattering on my skin-I really enjoy making new colors!

       

               Day 24: NYX Soft matte lip cream in Addis Ababa
               Soft Pink
It's actually more wearable than it looks. 





                   Day 25: Nicka K Lipstick in Smalt 
                   Iridescent Cobalt blue
The only difference between this and Jellies is the finish and opacity. This is one of my first lipsticks and I still gravitate towards it! Very beautiful and not too overpowering.




No comments:

Post a Comment