Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Fingercombing

Alright, y'all let's get down to the nitty gritty shall we?
It should be self explanatory but Fingercombing is combing with your fingers.
Basically you just gently run your fingers through your hair and find knots as you go through. I used to do this a lot but now that I'm loc-ing my hair I obviously do not fingercomb anymore, that would be very counterproductive wouldn't it? Anyway this is a great way to prevent breakage and learn more about the type of hair you have. If you don't fingercomb make sure you are using a denman brush or a wide-tooth comb of some sort. Once I finally bought a quality wide tooth comb, my life was forever changed. Lastly, y'all, NEVER, ever comb on DRY HAIR!! May your edges flourish this new year!

Pros:
promotes patience- You're gonna need that with natural hair
It's absolutely free- Who doesn't love free shit?
Helps move product throughout your hair
Very Easy
Can be done while dancing to your favorite tunes- I've personally tried that
Helps promote growth if done correctly

Cons:
VERY time consuming-Better get a comfy chair
Not a thorough method just supplemental-I had to go back in with my wide tooth comb




No comments:

Post a Comment